Monday, January 4, 2010

Where do I begin?

Sometimes I feel so lost. That is the main reason I started this blog and the 101 list. Number one on my list should be GET A JOB!!! Travis has decided to stop working in the field and only work in the shop. Which means a HUGE paycut. But, it also means learning to live together. In the 4 years we have been married we have never truly lived together for more than a month at a time. This has been the hardest week thus far. It has been constant fighting and re-evaluating if this marriage is still what we both want. We love each other, dont get me wrong. We truly truly love each other but, have really lost each other in the past few years. So, really my question is...where do I begin? How do I know if this is truly what I want anymore? I love him but, feel like we have grown so far apart and wonder if the fighting will ever stop. And were not the best fighters we both say mean hurtful things that can never be taken back :( Trust me I know its horrible and we fight like teenagers but, its just how things are right now....I dont want this marriage to end but, I feel like he does.

So, if you have any suggestions please let me know....

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. Living together was the hardest thing my husband and I ever had to work through. We got into a bad rut of fights and not being very nice. After a few weeks of misery, I decided that I couldn't make him act like I wanted to, but I could control my actions. I bought The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura(we weren't married yet, but close) and read it in a weekend. I started doing little things it suggested and putting him first, ALWAYS treating him with respect, and things started turning around pretty quickly. After we made it through that, things have been great, and we are both settling into our roles in our marriage. Our marriage class at our church really helped too.
    Just do what you can and try swallow the mean comments for a few days and see if the temp changes. Good luck and I'm sorry you are having trouble!

    ReplyDelete